[WASTE-list] Multiple objects per page

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Tue Sep 19 11:59:07 EDT 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:23:10 +0200,
Andreas Binner (andreasb at vmlabs.de) wrote:

>in my application I'm using multiple WASTE text objects on one page,

>meaning I do not have one object filling the entire window as done in a

>standard text editor. This works all fine on-screen.

Let me ask this out of curiosity: Are the text objects scrollable,
or does all the text in them fit completely within the view rectangle?

>When it comes to printing the page I'm currently using the "wePort"

>selector to force the port of the objects to the graph port returned by

>the printing manager. This kind of works (at least if the printer

>resolution is equal to the screen resolution), but I'm still feeling

>that this is a hack and that there should be a better way of doing this.

>In addition I'd like to get away from the QuickDraw drawing and rather

>use the print managers CGContext.

You should definitely move away from Quickdraw, especially for
printing.

>Is there currently a more elegant way of printing multiple text object

>on one page and if yes, how is it done correctly?

Have you tried the WASTE printing APIs, specifically
WEPrintPageWithCGContext()? That should work even if you have
multiple WASTE objects in the same page. Just create multiple
session objects (one for each WASTE instance), and call
WEPrintPageWithCGContext() once for each session, passing the
CG context reference you obtain with PMSessionGetGraphicsContext().

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely