[WASTE-list] drawing with views

Brother Josef thykeeper at nerdshack.com
Fri May 18 22:07:13 EDT 2007

How are you supposed to obtain the CGContext from a HIView for use
with the function WENewViewWithCGContext? As far as I know you can
only get this information from a draw event but that doesn't seem
appropriate to initialize the view upon receiving the views first
attempt to draw.

Or maybe that is not the intended use for the views API? Perhaps the
question should be how do you bind waste to draw within a HIView
quartz context? Currently I'm not sure where by default waste will be
drawing within a composited window.

thanks for your help.

Regards,
Josef