[WASTE-list] drawing with views

Marco Piovanelli marco.piovanelli at pobox.com
Sun May 20 06:27:36 EDT 2007

On Sat, 19 May 2007 09:07:13 +0700,
Brother Josef (thykeeper at nerdshack.com) wrote:

>How are you supposed to obtain the CGContext from a HIView for use

>with the function WENewViewWithCGContext? As far as I know you can

>only get this information from a draw event but that doesn't seem

>appropriate to initialize the view upon receiving the views first

>attempt to draw.

You can pass NULL to WENewViewWithCGContext(), and set up the context
later, at kEventControlDraw time, using WESetViewInfo() with the
weCGContext selector.

>Or maybe that is not the intended use for the views API? Perhaps the

>question should be how do you bind waste to draw within a HIView

>quartz context? Currently I'm not sure where by default waste will be

>drawing within a composited window.

Using WASTE within an HIView context is possible, but not trivial
without access to the core C++ interface. Fortunately, the next
release of WASTE will feature a built-in HIView wrapper. Please
contact me privately if you'd like to test a pre-release version
of this "HIWASTEView".

-- marco

--
It's not the data universe only, it's human conversation.
They want to turn it into a one-way flow that they have entirely