[WASTE-list] deleting objects

Ryan Joseph ryan at web-scripter.com
Wed Jul 9 21:08:08 EDT 2008

More problems with objects! ;) I just noticed that the dispose object
handler is called when the controller is disposed instead of when the
actual object was deleted from the text, correct? In my example of
deleting the objects before saving the file and restoring after the
save has caused a memory bug.

After the objects were removed from the text they were not actually
disposed, then when the controller was disposed it called the dispose
object handler two (or more) times for the object, which attempted to
dispose it's instance data twice thus causing a crash. It appears
WASTE stored a queue of the objects and appended more items without
removing the old objects once they were deleted from the text (an
assumption).

hope that makes sense. thanks again.

Regards,
Josef