[finders] Brazil

finders at findability.org finders at findability.org
Fri Dec 9 16:41:40 EST 2005

December 9, 2005: Brazil

http://www.findability.org/archives/000076.php

My recent visit to Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro rates as one of my best
travel experiences ever. Here are a few highlights:

* Watching the Corinthians win the Brazilian league with my friends from
TerraForum.

* Swimming on the rooftop of the Hotel Unique.

* Swimming at Ipanema.

* Watching the sunset from Corcovado.

* Drinking beer and eating "shrimp balls" at a famous Rio bar with Carlos,
Marcelo, David, and Laura.

* Drinking beer and talking IA with folks from aifia-pt.

Also, I can't resist retelling the story of Carlos Franco and the Lemur. A
couple of weeks before my visit, Carlos took Ambient Findability to the
beach. He fell asleep during one of the boring bits, and awoke later that
afternoon with a terrible sunburn. Carlos realized he had been cursed by the
lemur (which he now calls "the evil monkey from hell").

Speaking of the laughing lemur, I was surprised to learn how difficult it is
to get the book in Brazil. It's not available in bookstores, and shipping
either costs a lot or takes forever. Fortunately, Livia is organizing an
international book smuggling operation. Just don't tell O'Reilly.