[game_preservation] game_preservation Digest, Vol 26, Issue 20

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Tue Apr 29 14:50:25 EDT 2008

Fine, fine. :)

Check the archives to find out some recent discussions - you'll see we
discuss a lot of random stuff on game history. Since IGDA membership
isn't required for joining any of the SIG's or helping them, you might
not know about our IGDA wiki and main pages:

http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG (projects are documented
here, along with resource lists)
http://www.igda.org/preservation/ (where I post a variety of article and
interesting links. The layout sucks, it'll change eventually)

The wiki has the main projects we intend to start in the coming years.
This whitepaper is a priority and is based on the "Importance of
archival work", so why recording videogame history is important. Next
year, it'll be work on a whitepaper on /how /to achieve this in a
variety of ways :-)

Any interest in anything on the projects list (and this still goes for
you lurkers!) email me or Henry Lowood about it or post here. The
whitepaper isn't even in draft form, so any ideas on what should go into
it, before any meetings are held between everyone feel free to post them
(I myself contribute links and other articles to check rather then
content, heh).

Andrew

>>> http://www.artfulgamer.com/2008/04/22/revitalizing-dead-culture-why-game-history-matters/.

>>> I finally read it today :)

>>> (Perhaps he might be interested in helping the whitepaper too?)

>>> Finding other written existing resources relating to the

>>> whitepaper and

>>> looking at them is a necessity - can anyone contribute any more?

>>> Andrew