[game_preservation] Recreating game development environments

Simon Carless simon at archive.org
Fri Aug 1 16:54:37 EDT 2008

I'm probably the last person who touched 'dark archiving' at the Internet
Archive, two or three years ago. It doesn't really work well with the IA's
current system because either an item is COMPLETELY dark (no description or
listing page for it) or completely online. Anything else is a hack which is
wont to break. So if anything else was done with the Internet Archive it
might be best to do it outside of the existing collections system which is
used for the game video content:

http://www.archive.org/details/gamevideos

Thanks,
Simon.