[game_preservation] Early Game Preservation

Vowell, Zachary W zvowell at austin.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 4 15:08:23 EDT 2008

There's a nice feature-length article about that 1993 exhibit in this book:

http://tinyurl.com/5lz3oj

And yeah, they were way ahead of their time.

I've actually corresponded with Carl Goodman a little bit- not sure what they're up to now, as far as games go, but they recently launched a new publication called Moving Image Source, which looks to 'develop an online index of Moving Image Studies-related online research resources.' Games here are classified under the "digital media" wing of moving images. Here's the link:

http://www.movingimagesource.us/research

Zach