[game_preservation] University of Texas now into MMO Preservation

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Fri Aug 8 17:39:19 EDT 2008

No news to those who read GameSetWatch, but interesting none the less
and worth bringing up here:
http://www.igda.org/preservation/archives/2008/08/university_of_t.html

I wonder if the person going to run it, Megan Winget, even knows about
our small group, or about the Library of Congress efforts on Virtual
World preservation. Austin is a good place to start though, I'd admit
that much, and the amount of money isn't exactly tiny (although I have
no idea what they intend to do!)

Looks interesting, I hope something good comes out of it :)