[game_preservation] University of Texas now into MMO Preservation

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Fri Aug 8 17:58:25 EDT 2008

Ahh, my bad! I didn't realise that was specifically this funding. The
word "online world" "MMO" or anything didn't spring to mind since I
thought you had posted nothing on those words specifically :)

Actually, it's rather a shame it is now specifically MMO/Online only.
Austin has a lot of non-MMO developers ;-) I suppose the work you're
doing is more general.

In any case, that's *ubercool*. ^_^ - Let us know if anything
interesting goes online - if it is videos, and you don't have bandwidth
spare, the IA is happy to accept anything (even at really low quality)
if it allows it to be viewed! I'm also totally envious of being able to
ask questions to developers for storage in history. I should really look
into seeing what I can get done in the UK regarding that...hmmm, maybe
next year...once you know, I have money or something and know more
people, hehe.

Andrew