[game_preservation] University of Texas now into MMO Preservation

Vowell, Zachary W zvowell at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:08:03 EDT 2008

Megan Winget has her project's website up and running:

http://www.preservegames.net/

One excerpt, related to Andrew's interest in seeing results of the project online:

"With permission from project participants, all of the collected materials: digital audio interviews, their transcripts, case study reports of the interviews at the studio and individual level (if the interviews are considered too intrusive by participants or the corporation that employs them), observation transcripts, and creation artifacts will be made freely available on the Internet, through the Video Game Archive, housed at the Center for American History at the University of Texas at Austin."

Also, she's crafted some good language about the need to preserve materials created during the game dev process, that might be helpful for the white paper.

-Zach