[game_preservation] AMAZING collection of E3 '95 videos!

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Mon Mar 31 17:09:33 EDT 2008

Captain Commando wrote:

> RE: FMV games: I am continually surprised at how nobody is making the

> connection between DVD games and FMV games, both of which are the exact

> same concept (only DVD has much better resolution and much more storage

> space). I read an article once in a DiGRA magazine that talked about DVD

> games but did not make the connection. Sega-16 also has a great article

> reviewing a lot of FMV games. Are there credits listed anywhere for

> these interactive video DVD games? I'd like to see if anyone who worked

> on FMV games is making DVD games today.

DUDE!! *QUIET!* Someone might hear you!

:)

I-movies have long been the bane of my multimedia hacking hobby. You can
read more about the torment here:

http://games.multimedia.cx/category/interactive-movies/

Still, I have brainstormed about an application that uses data files
from old I-movies to recreate the experiences on modern computers,
mostly to embarrass the original authors. I call the effort DUMBASS:

http://multimedia.cx/eggs/dumbass/

Oh, and here's an old news item about what might have been considered
the first HD I-movie:

http://multimedia.cx/eggs/hd-i-movie/

--
-Mike Melanson