[game_preservation] Preservation Whitepaper Brainstorm Progress

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Mon Oct 6 18:59:57 EDT 2008

Hey All,

Comments are still needed, nay, required for the Whitepaper. I'm forming
some of my own opinions, but Devin has provided a wide range of examples
(see here:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG/White_paper_brainstorm/Compelling_Examples
) which I finally got online (sorry for the delay!) and might even be
updated when Devin finishes some other bits.

There is a need for more examples, more points to be raised in the paper
(
http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG/White_paper_brainstorm/Core_Concepts
), and even name suggestions - scoffing that the examples (
http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG/White_paper_brainstorm/Title_Suggestions
) are not well thought out privately doesn't help, post here if they are
rubbish! Post if they are great too!

There is a grand total of 4 people interested in this. I'm not exactly
an archivist and even I've put myself down to at least help. There are
soem seriously talented and professional people who love videogames
here, surely you all have some opinion to add in?

Post on the mailing list and I can add your comments to the wiki more
permanently. I'm getting other bits of the SIG work done, so this is
more a priority for me. I'm happy to edit up anything within a day of
posting, and will be pestering everyone to help. There might not even be
a dozen people on this list (I don't really know, nor care :) ), but I
know there is more then Me, Henry, Zach and Devin who have posted in the
past ;)

Come on anyone! (everyone!) I'm waiting to be inspired to put my own
thoughts down, I'll do so if anyone else is willing to ;)

Also; tell anyone else who might be interested. People who run game
websites. Videogame developers. Videogame players. Whoever you think
might have something good too add is obviously welcome since we don't
have a hugely active group here ourselves.

Thanks all!