[game_preservation] Preservation Whitepaper Brainstorm Progress

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Oct 6 20:41:04 EDT 2008

Just a few thoughts on what I did not see:

The most simple concept of archiving anything is: We have no way to
know what is historically significant.

Also: History requires context to be relevant. An example: I own the
C64/IBM game "Mental Blocks". The item itself has relevance, but takes
on a new meaning when you examine how the product was created (see
http://trixter.wordpress.com/2008/09/28/the-diskette-that-blew-trixters-mind/
for details on what I mean).

Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Help our electronic games project: http://www.mobygames.com/