[game_preservation] Game Preservation on Facebook and LinkedIn

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Sun Apr 19 19:14:40 EDT 2009

Jason doesn't work for the IGDA anymore, so I don't know if that address
even works now - it might be worth checking with Joe Sapp though -
joda at igda.org, although I doubt there'd any problems with it in any case
- I see IGDA groups in those places already.

If Henry is happy with it, sure we can create some groups. I am not sure
who'd want to administrate them though - Melanie perhaps, since she runs
the mailing list?

Active promotion is a good idea. Until the new site is put in place, my
PR efforts are basically going to be near nil, I've been pretty lax to
be honest promoting the white paper, we should get some projects going
to get people involved though (I'm still going to post on them next
week), and a new site would allow me to post up better pages of
information, pictures in news posts (finally), and other things like
creating forums for each project (which can be kept private), and other
things.

One thing I do not really want to do is have Facebook or LinkedIn in any
way be a form of communication for the group - I don't want the workload
of cross-location discussion, which is why I've abandoned the IGDA
forums for now, and I doubt I'd actively cross-post news. People who
want to be active members need to really be in one place, so getting
communication between groups is better done in one location - the IGDA
location :) Since it costs nothing to get a free account, there is no
reason to not do so.

I actually want to investigate extending our "membership" to other
people, I'll post a quick new thread on this.

Andrew