[game_preservation] Our Membership

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Mon Apr 20 02:56:08 EDT 2009

Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> There are, as far as I'm aware, few people from these groups:

> - Game collectors, enthusiasts

> - Game emulator creators

> - Game historians

> - Game history press

> - Librarians, other general archivists

I think I fall into the first 3 categories you listed. I'm sort of an
eccentric game collector as I love to focus on obscure stuff that no one
else could possibly care about. I'm a game historian as evidenced by my
contributions to MobyGames.com. And I'm intensely interested in
emulation as well, primarily from a technical perspective. In fact, I
used to maintain an NES emulator (tuxnes.sf.net).

Just so you know where I'm coming from.

--
-Mike Melanson