[game_preservation] People who do not take care of games

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Dec 14 23:45:33 EST 2009

I have never understood the "toothpaste" cure. It has always made
things worse for me.

I personally resurface discs, but only if the original media is
unplayable on the original console. In such cases, I use a motorized
Disc Doctor. The result of such an operation appears to have many
thousands of microscratches, but reads ok, and despite appearance is
infinitely better than a single deep gouge that runs perpendicular to
the disc edge (where the error correction can't possible help it).

Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Help our electronic games project: http://www.mobygames.com/
Or check out some trippy MindCandy at http://www.mindcandydvd.com/