[game_preservation] People who do not take care of games

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 00:19:49 EST 2009

I assume the toothpaste has such fine grains that it can act as a polisher
for a specific area. However, it seems quite crude. Spiral disc doctor
systems make the game look awful, even if they do get it to work. I think
that the more damage done to the disc in the long run outweighs the damage
to one section of the disc (even if it makes it playable). There is better
resurfacing hardware out there (such as the one we use at the store), but
the downside is they are very expensive and so should only be purchased by
large institutions. If you have a store nearby that does these, sometimes
you can get them buffed for as low as a dollar per disc.