[game_preservation] Calling for resources! Books! Websites! Whatever!

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Thu Jan 8 19:44:36 EST 2009

I'm now board of not updating the resources and projects pages:

http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG/Resources
http://www.igda.org/wiki/Game_Preservation_SIG/Projects

I need your links, books, website and whatever you think is historically
related to videogames. I'm more aiming at broader sites with videogame
knowledge (so I'll be adding http://www.wikia.com/ and
http://www.magweasel.com/ for instance). However, if you can provide a
specific article, great! (better if it covers more then one game however).

I will be trying (in between getting a job, grr, and doing some other
bits) sorting out the page at least filling it with random links for
now. In the future I hope to get the domains I've had for a while for
the Digital Game Canon project online and with a quick and dirty
PHP/MySQL solution so I can add these links in much better ways (so I
can tag them, have source lines generated, have boxes for the URL or
item name, page references, etc.).

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED! Honestly, there are a LOT of sites I've visited
I need to add now, but also there are a lot I have not! One of them may
be yours! Post it!

And if there is any other site which helps list game
history/preservation projects, resources and links, please, I'd love to
know of it :)

Thanks,