[game_preservation] Private SIG meeting at GDC

Devin Monnens evilcowclone at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:53:54 EST 2009

I will be at the IGDA Charter meetings on...Monday I think it is. One of
them is International Best Practices where I hope to bring some things up
about networking between chapters nationally and internationally to better
help coordinate contacts among IGDA members travelling or moving between
chapters and for national and international SIG projects such as
Preservation and the Memorials Project. (This and I get a $50 stipend and a
meal for just being there!)

There are a couple of interesting-looking panels going on at the same time
as the SIG, but one of them is done by Ian Bogost, who I know and could
probably get presentation details from. He's probably mainly pimping his new
book about the 2600, which should go on the resource list anyway. Too bad he
can't attend, but I'll see if he can make it to the super-secret lunch
meeting if he isn't too busy prepping. (You do know that 1:30-2:30 is
lunchtime, right? Are we going to have those nasty boxed lunches again, or
are they gonna give us some REAL food?).

Devin

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Henry Lowood <lowood at stanford.edu> wrote:

> All,

> Here is some information about the Game Preservation SIG's activities at

> GDC.

> First, the annual roundtable is part of the GDC program. It will take

> place on Friday, the 27th, from 2.30 to 3.30pm, Room 113, in North Hall.

> This meeting is open to all.

> Second, this year we will have a private meeting for SIG members and others

> who know about it. :-) This meeting will take place just before the

> roundtable, from 1.30pm to 2.30pm, in the IGDA's luxurious private meeting

> room. The location just happens to be Room 112, right next door.

> I have a couple of agenda items for the private meeting from the NDIIPP

> project (the Library of Congress project, as some know it). In the public

> meeting, we will review the year's activities and plan for next year. If

> you have agenda items, please send them to me and I'll gather everything up

> for the meeting(s).

> Henry

> --

> Henry Lowood

> Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;

> Film & Media Collections

> HRG, Green Library

> 557 Escondido Mall, Stanford University Libraries

> Stanford CA 94305-6004 USAhttp://www.stanford.edu/~lowood <http://www.stanford.edu/%7Elowood>lowood at stanford.edu; 650-723-4602

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando