[game_preservation] More Retro Machinima (with Andrew raving about glossaries, oh yay)

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:25:32 EDT 2009

So we would differentiate these from real-time video because RTV does not
use human players?
The reason I brought up blue screens is because if we had a modern
equivalent to Who Framed Roger Rabbit (say a sci fi war film with some guy
from Unreal in it). Roger Rabbit is animation, but it is not a fully
animated film.

I'm going to leave the rest of the defining to Henry for now as he's covered
more terrain than I have.

Regarding your glossary, I think such a book would be incredibly helpful,
especially if it is including technical terms used by artists and
programmers. Someone who is familiar with all the terms will be able to
communicate with fellow artists and programmers (something that seems to be
a problem in the industry as well as in education).