[game_preservation] PDP-5 Emulation

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 17:00:54 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Devin Monnens <dmonnens at gmail.com> wrote:

> This catalog has the Type 34 instructions on pages 64 and 66.

> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/gbell/Digital/PDP%205%20Manual%201964.pdf

That'll help with any vector monitor simulation. Found this as well:

http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/pdp8/refcard/65.html#scope

> I also know it's a 5" display with 1024x1024 resolution (addressable

> points). Wow, that's small! (but high resolution!)

Vector monitors don't really have a resolution per se, since they're
not raster based and you're working the screen like an etch-a-sketch.
Hence the x/y addressing.

> I'm not sure about the assembly set information. Are you looking for a set

> of code?

Set of instructions and cycle counts. There's some listed on the link above.

Marty