[game_preservation] International Video Game Hall of Fame

Rowan Kaiser rowankaiser at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 02:30:22 EDT 2010

Perhaps I'm a cynic, but I've heard quotes that I tend to agree with along
the lines of "as soon as you start canonizing members of an artistic
movement, the movement is likely to be dead."

Along those lines: the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame. Does it exist for any
reason other than for people to say "Who the hell are they inducting now?
Where are The Stooges?!?" (or whomever - Stooges got inducted this year,
happily)

It's a good thing that people are working on things like Halls of Fame in
terms of demonstrating the idea of gaming as something with a history. While
I don't really care about competitors too much (other than the awesome King
of Kong doc), some people really do. Sounds like this is for them.

Rowan