[game_preservation] Zach; DEC Catalogues

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 18:12:37 EDT 2010

Zach,

Did you ever get a copy of the DEC catalogues scanned?

Also, I was still looking for information on these DEC PDP-1 games:

8-332 The Civil War Game
8-356 Pollution Game
8-359 HI-Q Game Playing Program
8-395 Space War

Most of these were reprinted in David Ahl's book, but I don't think it lists
the original PDP code version. Civil War sounds like it also came from
Lexington HS in 1968, so I would probably need a December 1968 DECUS
catalogue, if your library has it. This should also contain Pollution and
the 395 Space War port. Sorry I can't get closer than this because I don't
have accurate data. There should also be individual DEC guides.

As trouble would have it, when I ordered a copy of Ahl's 1973 edition of 101
BASIC Games, they sent me the 1974 edition instead (despite specifically
asking for it). However, I think this is ok. But University of NM library in
Albuquerque needs to update their catalogue information.

Were there any additions/substitutions/omissions to the game list between
these two releases?