[game_preservation] Battery Save Statistics?

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:15:32 EST 2010

Does anyone have some concrete data on battery life for different systems
and games? I think battery life is dependent on the factors of usage, age,
and quality of parts (maybe also how the game uses the battery).

I've noticed that many Pokemon Red, Blue - and particularly Crystal, Gold,
and Silver - have failed batteries. I also know that many NES Zelda games no
longer have working batteries. Many Capcom arcade boards have this problem
as well.

I was curious if anyone did a study on this to determine estimates for
battery life of different games.