[game_preservation] Should Wikipedia Be Responsible for Gaming's History?

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 19:25:08 EST 2011

How very true, haha. I actually tried turning it around and stating
that it should't be for Wikipedia to decide one method over another.
Rather this has become an organizational issue and that the video game
project should just form a consensus as to what sort of divisional
strategy (or combination thereof) fits it's needs. Most likely nobody
will listen, as "dates" seem to be what the vocal minority is pushing
for.

Probably as good a time as any for this SIG to maybe broach the topic
of era/generation/division again. I know we had all done a discussion
on it previously, and I believe came the realization was a combination
of methods needed to occur. But then the topic petered out and never
reached a conclusion.

Marty