[game_preservation] Descriptive terms for Video Games

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Thu Jun 9 21:53:11 EDT 2011

On 6/9/2011 5:46 PM, Alex Handy wrote:

> Something like the strategy genre could then be refined into

> sub-categories: turn-based, real-time, fast-paced, plodding, tactical,

> multi-tasking, etc...

> Perhaps another idea would be to refine the tags used in existing online

> game listings. Giant Bomb and Moby Games sort of have tag clouds....

> kinda.... http://www.giantbomb.com/

Actually, MobyGames was going for categorization; it was my hope that
games could be described by their taxonomy (adventure, turn-based,
bird's-eye view, etc. could be used not only to show Ultima but other
Ultima-like games). It was never meant to be a tag cloud.
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Check out some trippy MindCandy at http://www.mindcandydvd.com/