[game_preservation] Descriptive terms for Video Games

Rowan Kaiser rowankaiser at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 05:25:47 EDT 2011

I suppose the question I have to ask is: how are you expecting to use such a
taxonomy? Will there be a physical/linear need for such system, or is this
something which can be searched in a non-linear fashion?

If it's the former - yikes. I'd probably do it in some combination of date
and platform. Genre is too much of a mess.

If it's the latter, I agree that MobyGames provides a decent starting point
in concept, with multiple aspects to several different categories. I might
even take it a step further towards the suggested tag cloud idea, but I'm
not sure how well that would work in practice.

Rowan

>>> kinda.... http://www.giantbomb.com/