[game_preservation] Descriptive terms for Video Games

Andrew Perti andrew.perti at thesimm.org
Sat Jun 11 16:29:01 EDT 2011

It's my contention that we have to completely redefine categorization
techniques for video games. Many games span several genres and placing
any given game under a single subject heading by way of a "personal
judgment call" is quite limiting. Using a single genre may have been
necessary for physical cataloging and library systems to account for
research and accessibility. We are now in a digital era and I feel as
though a multifaceted approach is something that we all need to explore.

Andrew Perti
Founder | Seattle Interactive Media Museum
andrew.perti at thesimm.org | www.thesimm.org
Mobile: 518 653-5864