[game_preservation] Fwd: Get these items in by June 3 you will have 1 ticket to IGDA Summit for your SIG!

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Tue May 24 16:22:14 EDT 2011

Andrew,

The other Andrew (Armstrong) can verify the logo. I didn't see any
attachment, btw. We have a SIG logo, so it's just a matter of figuring
out what the instructions to incorporate the IGDA logo mean.

Regarding (2), did you get to the spreadsheet? It's fairly
straightforward. I'm the chair/coordinator, and you can use my contact
information. We meet annually at GDC and I think we might have a FB
page -- yeah, here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/IGDA-Game-Preservation-SIG/73689808121.
I don't see where the spreadsheet asks for a full list of members, but
if needed, Melanie (Swalwell) is our mailing list editor, so she might
have that.

Regarding (3), I attached the document. The leadership is me (chair),
Andrew, Devin, and Melanie. See below. I'm not sure if Julia Brasil is
still on-board. Julia (or Andrew), can you confirm?

* *SIG Chairperson:*Henry Lowood -/Stanford University/
* *Mailing List Moderator:*Melanie Swalwell -/Victoria University of
Wellington/
* *Wiki/Blog Editor:*Andrew Armstrong
<http://wiki.igda.org/User:AndrewArmstrong>
* *Blog Editor:*Julia Brasil
* *Memorials <http://wiki.igda.org/Memorials>Project Lead:*Devin Monnens

Henry

On 5/24/2011 11:00 AM, Andrew Perti wrote:

> Ryan and I had a talk earlier about this! I'm keen on attending and

> I'm a local Seattlite as well.

> Requirement 1.) The template directions document and actual PDF

> template didn't correlate so I whipped this little ditty together to

> fulfill the requirement. Feel free to use the attached images at your

> leisure if you find them suitable.

> Requirements 2 & 3.) Henry, can you shed any light on this? Is there

> already a list of Preservation SIG members available? I'd be happy to

> migrate the list over to Excel or start a new one if need be.

> Thanks,

> Andrew Perti

> Founder | Seattle Interactive Media Museum

> andrew.perti at thesimm.org |www.thesimm.org

> On 5/24/2011 9:38 AM, Henry Lowood wrote:

>> Anybody from the list interested in attending and able to do so? If

>> so, we just need to figure out how to get all the information in to

>> Ryan. As you see below, IGDA will provide one free ticket to the SIG.

>> Henry

>>> *From: *Ryan Arndt <ryan at igda.org <mailto:ryan at igda.org>>

>>> *Date: *May 14, 2011 6:40:47 PM PDT

>>> *To: *Private list for SIG leaders <sigs-admin at igda.org

>>> <mailto:sigs-admin at igda.org>>

>>> *Subject: **Get these items in by June 3 you will have 1 ticket to

>>> IGDA Summit for your SIG!*

>>> /The IGDA Summit (http://igda.org/summit) is to be the home for all

>>> IGDA members and has some really great tracks including an Indie

>>> Boot Camp, Game User Research,// Monetization, Entrepreneurship,

>>> Game Development Community & both Writing for Games and Writing

>>> about Games!/

>>> The IGDA Summit is coming up in July, and I would like to extend one

>>> ticket to EVERY SIG. Because not all SIGs are formalized, I have

>>> created a simpler method to ensure that your SIG has an opportunity

>>> to receive its ticket, no matter which SIG you call home.

>>> So here is what I need by June 3 so your SIG can get it's ticket:

>>> 1)* A SIG logo*: please incorporate the updated IGDA logo located at

>>> http://igda.org/ChapterAssets

>>> 2) *Completion of the IGDA Community Data Spreadsheet *with

>>> information about where your SIG meets and posts information

>>> online (also at http://igda.org/ChapterAssets)

>>> 3) *Completion of the attached form detailing contact names and info

>>> for your SIG*

>>> http://facebook.com/ryan80e