[game_preservation] 1974 Atari memo by Jobs

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:23:59 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Devin Monnens <dmonnens at gmail.com> wrote:

> Never heard about that regarding the pizza commercial. Do you have the

> article where this commercial was mentioned?

Wasn't published, told to me in private by an individual from the industry
in the know. I'll look up the name of the pizza chain when I get home later
tonight.

> Incidentally, there was an EM Western Gun by Taito. Anyone have footage of

> either game in action? I'm particularly interested in Nishikado's work

> since he created the first original arcade games in Japan.

I haven't seen it myself. Though it's no secret that most video arcade
games of the 70s already had EM equivalents. A few examples:

Missile Command - Sega Missile from 1969. You're launching surface to air
missiles at incoming targets. Midway also released a clone in '70
called SAMI(Surface
to Air Missile).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp7lv1lhNJI

Lunar Lander - Bally Space Flight from 1969.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCTomN-gPsU

--
Marty