[game_preservation] Getting involved

Benj Edwards editor at vintagecomputing.com
Thu Apr 17 08:28:12 EDT 2014

On 4/17/2014 12:16 AM, Mike Melanson wrote:

> I've been contributing for close to a decade. It sometimes dawns on me

> that, for certain games, if I hadn't written them up for MobyGames,

> this vast collection of human knowledge called the internet would have

> almost no record that the game ever existed at all.

That's a good point, Mike. We all have a part to play in digital
preservation, even if it seems small now. In aggregate, small
contributions become big ones. Even the Great Wall of China was built
one brick at a time -- over centuries and by thousands of people.

Benj

--
Freelance Journalist / Editor, Vintage Computing and Gaming
http://www.benjedwards.com