[JakeShows] Solo show at AS220 tonight, Fiddlers & Fishermen and Nick-a-Nees shows coming up

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Jan 18 12:18:54 EST 2010

Hey all,

I've got a couple of new mailing list members. Welcome! I've got a
new free mp3 up at <http://music.jwgh.org/freemp3.html> ... (well, new
to the site -- I originally recorded it in 2006.) Also, my offer to
mail postcards with robots drawn on them to people is still open --
details are on the free mp3 web page.

Last night's afro-pop show went well. I wasn't exactly in my element
-- a dance club is not the natural habitat of an introverted folkie
like me -- but I think we played well and people seemed to enjoy the
music. There's nothing quite like a crowd of folks enthusiastically
dancing along to the music you're playing! So we'll see if we get
some more shows like that; I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime I've got a nice mixture of shows booked for the next
couple of weeks:

Monday January 18 -- SOLO SHOW
-----------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm
COVER: $6

This is the first show I've booked for myself at AS220! I'll be
sharing the bill with the West Eddy Trio, Glasseye, and Jay Gagnon.
Not sure of the order of the acts but I'm going to see if I can
finagle an early slot.

Saturday January 23 -- GATHERING OF FIDDLERS AND FISHERMEN #11
-------------------
WHERE: the Common Fence Point Community Hall, 933 Anthony Road,
Portsmouth, RI (Directions:
<http://www.commonfencemusic.org/directions.html>)
WHEN: 6:30 pm to late
COVER: $12

This is the annual fundraiser for Common Fence Music. Celtic fiddler
Tiffany Rozenas will be hosting, and there will be lots of other great
performers -- you can see the final lineup here: <http://www.commonfencemusic.org/fandf.html
> Unfortunately tickets are sold out, so this is here mostly as a
reminder to folks who already have tickets (although the first time I
went to F&F me and some friends staked out the door until enough
people left that they let us in -- fortunately for us it was
unseasonably warm and nice out).

Saturday January 30 -- KILLDEVILS SHOW WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
-------------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9:30 pm to 12:30 am

A free show at the best bar in town. Our usual bass player Jeff is
taking a break for a month or so, and our usual drummer Matt has a
previous engagement, so for this night only we'll be joined by Bob
Asprinio and Ed Hardy. It's always fun to play with a diverse group
of musicians, and this should be a fun show!

Well, the day is wearing on and I've got a few things I should try to
do -- get my car checked up, do some songwriting, assemble a set list
for tonight -- so I think that about wraps it up for this edition of
my upcoming shows. As always, you can get an up-to-date list of
everything I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

See you around,
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Haller/43616244152