[JakeShows] A music-packed day on Thursday, plus Songwriters in the Round on Sunday

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Aug 20 17:59:54 EDT 2012

Hi all,

A bunch of friends have been coming to town, or are about to, many of whom I haven't seen in a while. It's been great to catch up with them.

And then on Thursday me and some friends and relatives all have shows in downtown Providence, and it seems that I may actually be able to at least stop in and see everyone! For those who are interested in a music-full evening, here's what I recommend:

* 4:30-7 pm: BebeRequin ("Pop with ancient folk roots and gypsy charm") plays at Burnside Park downtown, in a beer garden assembled for the occasion.

* 7-9 pm: WS Monroe has assembled a couple of hours of folk music which includes me at the Roots Cultural Center. See below for details.

* 9-11 pm: The KC Moaners, a great jug band which includes my cousin David on various instruments, will be following my show at the Roots Cultural Center.

I think all of the above shows are free, but the KC Moaners show might have a $5 cover.

Here's the details for my show on Thursday, and for the Songwriters in the Round show on Sunday. Then that's about it until mid-September -- as always you can see what I've got planned at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

Thursday August 23 -- SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHEN: 7-9 pm
WHERE: The Roots Cultural Center, 276 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903

Playing an acoustic show as part of a music series run by WS Monroe. Patrick Hutchinson (uillean pipes) and Armand Aromin (fiddle) will also play, and at the end of the night we'll all do a song or two together. As noted above, stick around afterward to hear the KC Moaners jug band!

Sunday August 26 -- SOLO SHOW; SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
WHEN: 8-10 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

Hosting Songwriters in the Round. The other participants are Chuck Williams, John Fuzek, and Kim Jennings. They will perform four songs each, one of which will be on the theme chosen by July's audience: "Didn't We Just Fix That?" Of course, if you come, you can help pick the theme that next month's songwriters will have to write on. :-)

Note that due to a scheduling conflict Songwriters in the Round is later in the month than usual, and it starts a couple of hours later than usual.

Have a great week!

Thanks,