[JakeShows] Hosting an open mike on Sunday, plus other March shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Mar 9 15:28:40 EST 2012

Hi all,

My drummer Joe runs an open mike on Sundays, and as he is still recovering from some wrist surgery, he has asked me to guest-host this weekend, which I am happy to do, so to the musicians out there: please come by and play some tunes! More details are below.

In other news, we lost the Battle of the Blues Bands last weekend, but it was to Shirley Lewis, who was so much better than everyone else that it was difficult to feel too bad about it. It is a little surreal having your butt thoroughly kicked by a 70-odd-year-old in a chair, though.

Here's a video of Chris and me playing his song 'Darlene': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM4rtmdGgLo

And here's Shirley Lewis singing 'Jambalaya': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzGKKOErR1M

Sunday March 11 - SOLO SHOW/OPEN MIKE GUEST HOSTING
---------------
WHEN: 8 pm-midnight (signup at 7:30 pm)
WHERE: The Apartment, 373 Richmond Street, Providence, RI

I'll be guest-hosting the open mike for my friend and sometimes drummer Joe Auger. Come on down, play some songs, and listen to some great music!

The kitchen is back open at the Apartment (after a long absence), so you can have dinner there too if you want!

Friday March 16 - SOLO SHOW
---------------
WHEN: 7-10 pm
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911

Sharing the bill with the excellent Worcester-area band the Smile Makers. If you plan to have dinner, we recommend making a reservation.

You can hear some of the Smile Makers' music at <http://www.reverbnation.com/thesmilemakers>.

I say above that I'll be playing solo, but it's possible that I'll be joined by electric and steel guitarist Lenny Amaral. My fingers are crossed!

Sunday March 18 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND RECORDING SESSION
WHEN: 4 pm-midnight
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

A live recording session for the next RISA Songwriters in the Round CDs. Be in the studio audience! I should go on around 9:30 pm.

Thanks,