[LEAPSECS] Caveat emptor!

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Apr 11 13:39:46 EDT 2011

The issue here is that redefining UTC would *also* make the definitions of "Universal Time" and "UT" highly ambiguous.

So I don't mean any of the techoverbiage you are referring to, and thus said TCFKAUT, not TCFKAUTC.

The terms UT and UTC have been interchangeable for most purposes, along with other variations like GMT. The ITU seeks to break this symmetry. UT as usable vocabulary will go down with the ship. UT as a useful concept will remain. What will our dopplegangers call UT in this alternate future?

Rob