[LEAPSECS] Leap Seconds schedule prior to 1972

John Sauter John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com
Sat Apr 23 05:03:41 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-22 at 16:53 -0700, Hal Murray wrote:
> John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com said:
> >
> > With that much complexity, perhaps it should be formatted as an XML
> > file.
> > Do you think that would be reasonable?  If so, how would you
> > format it?
> If you want an useful opinion you should probably ask the people who
> might
> use it.  I think of XML as bloat and avoid it whenever I can.  (Same
> for HTML
> in email.)
>
> That file isn't actually complex.  There are only a few different
> types of
> data lines and within each type, there aren't any variations.

I take your point.  How about a format with three different types of
lines: comments, data lines, and keyword=value lines.  The data lines
contain julian day number, DTAI at the end of the day, and year-month-
day.  The keyword=value lines contain such things as start date, end
date, expiration date and checksum.
    John Sauter (John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com)
--
PGP fingerprint = E24A D25B E5FE 4914 A603  49EC 7030 3EA1
9A0B 511E