parsing question - lists and blockquotes

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 18:57:52 EDT 2006

On 6/8/06, Eric Heimerman <eric at heimerman.org> wrote:

> I'm using the PHP port of Markdown, but I noticed the same effect on

> your dingus <http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/dingus>

> The problem I'm seeing is when I have an bulleted list and the last item

> of the list contains a block quote. The blockquote does not terminate

> correctly, and adding another blockquote after the list ends up

> extending the original blockquote.

Pardon me for asking an odd question on this, but I'm in the middle of
writing a big paper and so my mind is probably wrapped around too
formalistic a system of writing. So, I'm just being a curious snot.
When is there a need for a blockquote within a list? I don't think
I've encountered this condition "in the wild," so I was curious of
actual examples.

Also, I generally put a blank line after headings. Does this help
remedy the problem?

--
Ben Wilson
"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"