Trouble with parentheses in Markdown hyperlinks

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:52:54 EDT 2012

> What I'm saying here is that relying on 3rd parties solutions while a very

> cheap (or even free) VPS would be sufficient is asking for unnecessary

> trouble.

I agree that we should opt for convenient, preferably free hosting.

I don't mean to start a technical argument about "static" vs "dynamic" web
pages. What I'm trying to convey is that GitHub, while an incredibly easy
CMS, only supports static web pages, not wikis, which require a running
system that can modify a database for wiki edits. That's why I call
"dynamic", if you prefer to call this something else, I'm open to better
terminology.

Joyent is a simple service offering free cloud hosting for Node.js
applications. I'm not saying we have to use Joyent, Node.js, or even
JavaScript for our website. I'm just saying it's an easy option.

If we'd overall prefer a whole VPS solution, that's fine too. If we're just
interested in a basic CMS, that's also fine.

What are our options for domain names? markdown.com is unfortunately
taken<http://www.markdown.com/>
.

--
Cheers,