Nov-Dec Arrow

Tue Nov 30 17:35:30 EST 2004

Folks,

Ron has explained that our Editor has been very sick for a number of weeks, on a roller coaster ride of health issues that none of would want to take. Jarrell is improving but needs time to gain strength and restore his reserves. Even then he faces long-term health challenges.

During his absences, our normally smooth process from raw copy to an Arrow issue in your hands has been disrupted in ways we could not have anticipated. We had thought the mailing house would have the issue out a week ago, but were surprised to learn yesterday that it did not. In all events, we expect it to be at the post office on Thursday.

As your Publications Chairman, I apologize for the delay, but I also hope that you will understand the circumstances. While we have talented folks to take care of the Society's business, depth will always be a challenge. This is one of those times.

With that thought in mind, we are hard at work now on the Jan-Feb issue of the Arrow with the goal to have it out on time. We are also looking at the mailing process to see what we can do to prevent another unexpected delay. Finally, producing the Arrow...the process of gathering content, laying it out and working with the printer to produce a final product...is a labor and talent-intensive deal. We are exploring ways to build depth or bench strength to assure that it remains a high-quality pub, delivered on time!

If you have any specific concerns or suggestions about the Arrow or any other publication issue, please pass them along to me at mcclure at nwhs.org.

Bill McClure