train today at 3:05 pm

Mon Jan 21 11:14:03 EST 2013

Eric, Thank you for your response, I had several detailed responses to my question. Living up here in sunny southern Connecticut, BRR. I can't run to the window to watch NS go by. Thanks again, Stewart
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: train today at 3:05 pm

I happened to look out the window around that time and noticed that the daily "trash train" that normally passes around 6:30 pm was early today. It runs from the waste transfer station just east of the shops on Hollins Rd. to a site near Salem if I'm not mistaken. One feature is that it only has a single SD40-2.

Eric Shelton
Roanoke

Sent from my iPhone

I was watching the Roanoke railcam about 3:00 pm today when I saw short "Westbound"- one unit with about 10 or so unusual cars. The light was such that I couldn't get a view of the cars not in shadow. They were "house" type cars, long maybe 60 ft. or so, round roof like old round roof baggage cars but they were high cars such as a double deck stock car might be . They also had two or three round vents on an otherwise plain roof. Any body any thoughts as to what I was seeing. They didn't look like auto racks.
Stewart Fritts