Picking up a pusher recording ?

Wed Dec 14 14:31:01 EST 2016

Another possibility is based on Swearer's observation that the time freight is going east on the WB track, and in a previous sequence, pusher 2152 has to back "2 miles" to switch over to the WB track.  Is it possible that 1218 stopped at or near Boaz siding to wait for 2152 to couple to the rear of the time freight somewhere near Vinton station instead of Boaz?
Dave Stephenson

 Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:28 PM
 Subject: Picking up a pusher recording ?

On one of the Bud Swearer N&W steam tapes, he paces 1218 on the head end
of a train as it comes to a stop to pick up a pusher, then as it starts
and he continues on until he comes to a road crossing where I am going
to assume the train blocks his passage. This entire recording transpired
over a considerable distance. I am trying to figure out what road he was
driving on at that time. Anyone have a clue?

Jimmy Lisle