Peavine Track Chart

Mon Jan 9 13:58:03 EST 2023

Jeff,

I have a July 1, 1927 track chart of the Peavine that I hope to upload
to the archives in the next few weeks. I cannot read the 'Revised' date
on the cover page. I thought it might be a resource that is useful to
you.

John Garner
Newport, VA

I have written several pieces over the years and sent them in for Arrow
publication. I joined the society in 1996. My first item was published
in 2017. It was on how I became an N&W fan in Ohio. I submitted an
article 202? for publication and shall wait for it to get published.
Kenneth Miller has been such a great help to me. I can't even imagine
what all he does to keep things on the rails. I do not have the writing
skills or the technical background or the family history that I see
others have. It impressive me the books people put out. I learned a lot
about the Cincinnati district from Alex's book N&W in Ohio. I have
learned so much more on how vast the history of the Peavine is by maps
and drawings I have been getting from the archives since 2017, which is
probably close to 900 now. I enjoy reading any history of the N&W and
VGN but my concentration is the Peavine. I think how sad it is to read
the N&W magazine and see how family oriented it was to ending up as all
business in the end. Talking to original N&W train men and you can see
it in their faces and hear it in their voices their love for the
railroad and each other.

Jeff Wood