[StBernard] Expedited Permit Process

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 11 23:52:17 EDT 2005

Westley:

Thank you for providing us with valuable information through your web-site.
Your efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I would like to inquire to Craig or anyone that can accurate information the
permit process. Specifically, I know few electricians and most are already
committed for months. My wife's uncle is a licensed electrician who lives
in the westbank area and is licensed in Jefferson and Orleans parishes. So
that I can begin repairing my home, since I can't go to the government
complex to obtain a building permit, can I apply by mail? (I am in
Chattanooga.) Is there an easy process for my wife's uncle to obtain a
permit so that I can utilize his services, instead of looking for someone
who I have no experience with? If so, what is the process and fees?

Finally, are residents required to obtain building permits to refinish their
existing homes, and if so, what is the process and can it be done by mail or
does it require a face-to-face meeting with the permits office?

Any information provided will be greatly appreciated.

--
John F. Richardson
cell: 504-228-1542