[StBernard] Return - Rebuild - Remain

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 12 10:47:51 EDT 2005

Howard,

I wish that I could tell you that a cat 5 levee system is being designed,
but it is not. Keep in mind that the legislation that created the MRGO
linked the levee system to cat 3 height. We have requested that the
proposal of a cat 5 height be achieved, but it will take a congessional
action. Also know that we sent an immediate request again to our
congressional delegation to discontinue all dredging and to close the MRGO
permenantly. NO RESPONSE YET. It is as if the MRGO is off their radar.

The levee system is being worked on currently, they are building back to cat
3, but i have to be honest with you- getting back to cat 3 in a short time
compromises its strength- i'm no engineer, but that short build time worries
me.

Sen. Vitter is coming to St. Bernard on Thursday and I will be asking him
face to face about the MRGO.

Craig