[StBernard] house gutting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 9 00:21:58 EST 2005

I visited the parish on sunday, October 23 and had no trouble getting in.
My son and I were going to my mother's home to retrieve some items of my
daughter. My daughter still had some items in my mother's attic and some of
her items were salvageable due to only 4 inches of water above the ceiling
beams. My son and I were waved in even though my vehicle had out of state
license plates. We were very relieved because my mother was not with us at
the time and it was the only day we could visit the parish. I don't think
they are blockading the parish like they were previously. If we could get
in with Wisconsin license plates, I assume just about anyone can.

About gutting, there are groups that are volunteering (for free) their time
and efforts to help out. It may be possible to find them. It tends to be
mostly religious groups or churches. Not sure if there is a list or if you
have to find them yourself. I know the LDS church (Mormons) have been doing
cleanup in Mississippi and Slidell. And there are many other congregations
too.....Maybe those in parish govt. have information about these
groups---maybe not, but I think it would be valuable for the residents of
St. Bernard if there was any way they could get this kind of information.

As far as cleaning and gutting for hire, there was a previous post about a
group of 6 men that did for around $1400. I saved the message just in case
my mother would need to hire someone. I will cut and paste it in this
email......hope it helps.

Good luck,
Michelle Guidry Stephenson

"westley

Sam Cat here

I had my house cleaned out by a crew of 6 Louisiana men. NO MEXICANS!

I have 1700 sq feet downstairs and they cleaned (Not gutted) entire
bottom.

Carpets, took off doors, shovaled mud out, all appliances stacked
outside,
closests emptied...

its easier to say EVERYTHING! Down to the floor. $1400 Believe
me! Hard workers...Quick!

They offered to do sheetrock for $900 more, but Ive got a friend who
does
this work and needs the money.

Anyone interested...give them my cell number. 504-296-9501"