[StBernard] Got a live person at EPA!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 21 22:48:17 EST 2005

Just seconds after I sent my previous email, EPA called me. I spoke to
Beverly Negri, a manager who just returned from St. Bernard yesterday.
She says that EPA is placing the responsibility for removal of our
debris on Murphy Oil. She asked me to email her pictures of Corinne
Avenue which I will do this afternoon. She is alerting several key
people about this situation and agreed that we cannot be the holding
site for this debris. She will call me back today or tomorrow. She
agreed that time is of the essence and that the debris must be removed.
She said that just this past Saturday it was agreed that cars in the
spill site need to go to a Type I landfill, whatever that means. Seems
all the cars in the parish are going to a type I landfill so maybe it
means our cars are no different.

Stay tuned. Deborah Keller