[StBernard] just a thought....

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 29 21:37:55 EST 2005

As many times as I have been home, I have never heard of Camp
Premier.
Where is it ?

Me too... and I just found it... It is a FEMA tent city which is very
nice... all tents have floors and there are showers, a/c, heat, fresh
towels, fresh pillows, fresh sheets, meals 3 times a day, sign up for a cot
is free all you do is show up in person... there is a limit of 2000 people
they can accommodate...and there are 1200 relief workers and the average
number of residents form St Bernard living there is around 200 and I was
told it is constantly fluctuating in numbers.
I never knew there was that much property at the Port Authority off of St.
Bernard Highway... I was able to tour this facility with an organization
called Relief Spark out of California. I tell you this much I will
recommend to my husband to spent the night there rather than driving all the
way back on a Saturday just to turn around and drive back in to work on the
houses on Sunday... as we only have the weekend to work on the houses in our
family.
Amanda