[StBernard] Looters/Intruders & Great Police Work

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 15 19:22:33 EST 2005

I know I may take some heat for this, but I gotta tell u my quick story.
As most of you know I'm livin' down in da parish. I was in those 60 mph
gusts last night, pooring down rain, water coming into my work trailer.

Well when it stopped at 11pm, I took a tour of the parish. Yep, alone. Goin'
to go look at the levees - with my own eyes. Was on Corrinne Drive, went
into Lexington.

Even with my State Farm magnetic sticker & even with the fact that they see
me all the time, ON 2 SEPARATE occasions I was stopped & checked out by the
Sheriff's Office. And that's EXACTLY what should have happened.

Please understand - I am definitely not saying that there is NO LOOTING, but
I am telling you my events from last night. Give the Sheriff's Office some
credit. These guys are doing a quality job.

One of the reasons they are not stringently checking the cars at the
entrance to the parish is because they are spending more time in the
INTERIOR of the PARISH in the Neighborhoods. Like last night. Where would
you like them?

Marvin LeBlanc
GndQ at aol.com
Citizens Recovery
That's pitiful. I can't understand people like that so I'd shoot them. Just
kidding. Anyway, where is Corinne Avenue, in Chalmette? So far we haven't
noticed any of that out by us but then, there is no one out by us! I am
concerned about people driving all over at night when there is supposed to
be a curfew; it is getting down to the wild west I guess; better to take
necessary precautions and rely on yourself. Mudpie