[StBernard] Project Reconnection

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 15 23:09:48 EST 2005

Not in a negative, but factual sense, hurricanes were meant to maim, destroy
and befuddle folks. It's not IF, but WHEN.

They will come, and come and come. No guarantees that they will not, nor aim
their death-produced winds right up the gullet. The MRGO almost guarantees
it.

Having levees repaired, reinforced,etc. will act as a first line (since we
lost the wetlands, and maintain the MRGO is so great for our area of the
country) of defense. However, Category 5 winds (and even 4) are going to
cause plenty of damage.

How many time can New Orleans/St. Bernard endure? So many were hurt
seriously. So many will be hurt again. But, people and new generations keep
coming awaiting the next challenge of rebuilding property and lives. At some
point, the sea will reclaim its own, and land moves inland (or else, land
moves outwardly)...

What's next?

Jer.